Sunday, April 24, 2011

Varanasi Pictures

I'm going to Let Kaytee write about Varanasi because she loved the city and saw more of it than I did, I spent a good amount of time in the hotel near the bathroom.  Walking through the streets of Varanasi was like walking back in time, tiny passageways crowded with people, trash, cows, and enough smells to overwhelm all the senses.   

These pictures are from the a boat out on the Ganges, my absolute favorite part of the trip.  It was so beautiful, I took tons of pictures, here's a few unedited snipets
sunrise on the mother goddess Ganga



selling candles with flowers used as offerings that float on the river




Kaytee taking a turn rowing the boat

the Burning Ghats where hundereds of bodies are cremated every

the temple at the burning ghats





No comments:

Post a Comment