Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome to Banaras Beads (UN)Limited!!!

Fun fact 1: Banaras Bead Factory produces 80% of the worlds glass beads


Fun fact 2: Each of these beads is original, made one... by... one.... 
by this guy.

Fun Fact 3: It took us THREE HOURS to pick out a 15kilo box to be sent back to California

WOO HOO!!

Fun Fact 4: They use this scale to measure kilos of beads.  On one side they put a 1/2 Kilo weight and bricks for the change, and on the other side - beads!






Break Time!

Some of the ladies packaging beaded necklace samples.




Putting beads on strands to sell


Lexi's beads all packed up!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing. I especially love the smile on your face while your pick out kilos of beads to send home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies... I am so beyond thrilled for the two of you to have this experience. It looks incredible. I love reading your days and thoughts and seeing pictures. What a blessing!!! All my love to you as your moon sets and my moon rises. I miss you dearly. Enjoy every moment and know that my heart is with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lovelies,
    I sure enjoyed those pics. Yippetydoda beads galore. That's one of the things I love the most about traveling -- getting to the SOURCE of things. the Red Fort looked amazing too. Dad and I never made it there. Love to you both. Keep em coming. Mom

    ReplyDelete